Want to Choma Nyama with friends and family over the weekend? Look no further than Kinywaji.com Order Halal Beef T-Bone Steak now and pay via MPESA, Credit Card and other Mobile Money Platforms. We deliver to your doorstep. You may want to get the full barbecue set up which includes drinks, meats, snacks, the jiko (grill) and charcoal briquettes to go!
About the Cut: The T-Bone is one of the most easily-identifiable steaks. It has a T-shaped bone running through it, making it easy to spot in our meat case. The T-Bone is cut from the short loin, and if you want to barbecue a T-bone steak, you should celebrate and enjoy it extensively. That’s because it combines the two best pieces of meat that beef has to offer: On one side of the T-shaped bone, is the strip loin, on the other side is the tenderloin (fillet). No wonder that this combination will make meat lovers in the eye!
Cooking Suggestion: T-bone steaks are best grilled pure – without expensive grill marinade or spices.
Grilled Beef T-Bone Steak Recipe
- 1Kg Beef T-Bone Steaks
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for rubbing
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Mint Chive Butter (Mix in a bowl 1 stick of unsalted butter, 1 cup of fresh mint chopped, ¾ cup of finely chopped chives, 2 finely grated lemons and ½ teaspoon of salt). If you cannot get chives, you can use their close relatives i.e. the garlic, shallot, leek, scallion, and Chinese onion.
- Let T-Bone steaks stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Heat a charcoal grill to medium-high, and set up direct and indirect heat zones. Rub beef with oil; season generously with salt and pepper. Sear on all sides over direct heat until caramelized, about 5 minutes per side.
- Transfer beef to indirect heat, and grill, covered, turning occasionally for 20 to 30 minutes. (Grilling time will vary depending on thickness of steak.) Remove beef from grill, and brush with mint-chive butter. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
Do not spread the charcoal under the entire grill/grate, but best only on one half of the grill. This method is called indirect grilling and allows you to grill the steak in indirect heat. That way, Bigger and thicker pieces of meat are cooked through completely without burning.