Want to Choma Nyama with friends and family over the weekend? Look no further than Kinywaji.com Order Halal Beef Top Sirloin Steak (also called the Strip) now and pay via MPESA, Credit Card and other Mobile Money Platforms. We deliver to your doorstep. A flavourful cut that’s versatile and juicy best for your weekend barbecue with friends and family. You may want to get the full barbecue set up which includes drinks, meats, snacks, the jiko (grill) and charcoal briquettes to go!
About the Cut: Top sirloin (also called the Strip) is a cut of beef from the primal loin or sub primal sirloin. Top sirloin steaks differ from ordinary sirloin steaks. Though not as tender as cuts from the tenderloin, the top loin steak can be a great combination of the flavour of a rib-eye steak and the tenderness of a filet mignon.
Cooking Suggestion: Because of the balance of tenderness and flavour, this steak can be cooking virtually any way you want as long as it is hot and fast. Great grilled, this steak is also perfect for the pan, as in a very hot cast iron pan. Salt well, and season lightly since a good version of this steak needs very little help.
Grilled Top Sirloin Steak Recipe
- 1Kg Beef Top Sirloin Steak
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cloves of Garlic
- Garlic Powder
- Let beef stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Heat a charcoal grill to medium-high, and set up direct and indirect heat zones. In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat with garlic powder and minced garlic. Set aside. Sprinkle the mixture both sides of each steak with the salt and black pepper.
- Sear on all sides over direct heat until caramelized, about 5 minutes per side.
- Transfer beef to indirect heat, and grill. Grill the steaks 4 to 5 minutes per side, or to desired doneness (Grilling time will vary depending on thickness of tenderloin.) Remove beef from grill, and brush with the butter mixture. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
Do not spread the charcoal under the entire grill/grate, but best only on one half of the grill. This method is called indirect grilling and allows you to grill the steak in indirect heat. That way, Bigger and thicker pieces of meat are cooked through completely without burning.